The Student Newspaper of Highline College

Welcome back to Highline

Sep 30, 2021

Welcome students to Fall Quarter!  I hope you had a nice and relaxing summer.  I don’t know about you but this summer flew by!  If you are a returning student, I hope you are moving toward the completion of your educational goals. If you are new to our college, welcome and I wish you success and encourage you to take advantage of the services available on campus to help you succeed.

The campus continues to build and renovate our facilities to provide you with the best learning environment possible. Student success is our highest priority, and the faculty, staff, and administrators are here to provide you with a rigorous curriculum and student support services. I urge you to visit our website (www.highline.edu) to obtain information on the various services and opportunities.

Now more than ever, it is essential to obtain an advanced degree and/or certificate to improve your potential for higher earnings, job security, and career advancement.

Under these unique and unprecedented times, our campus might look and feel a little different since the majority of our classes currently are online.  However, our hope is to transition to fully being back on campus by the end of the academic year.  Most importantly, in adhering to Governor Inslee’s mandates and CDC requirements, our campus continues to ensure a safe and inviting environment for our students.

If at any time, you have questions, feel free to contact ask@highline.edu.  Also, I can be reached at president@highline.edu.  I look forward to hearing your suggestions, recommendations, and questions.  You have a voice – a very strong one.

Have a great quarter.  Please take care of yourself and be safe. I wish you the best and our faculty and staff welcome you, as do I and the Highline College Board of Trustees.

John R. Mosby, Ph.D. is the president of Highline. 

Tag cloud
in-person Foundation Soccer Accreditation Pandemic Sound Transit Library Tennis Vote spring Mental health Zoom Star Trek Election T-Birds Dr. Mosby Thanksgiving Enrollment MLK Scholarships Arcturus students ctcLink Basketball Tutors NWAC Coronavirus Golf Highline Healthcare Poetry COVID-19 online Winter BAT Reopening Graduation Community Budget Fall Bookstore Social distance Holiday ASHC Floyd