Local Valentine's events spice up the weekend
By Izzy Anderson - Staff Reporter
This weekend features several local Valentine's themed events:
• The Northwest Symphony Orchestra will be performing a romantic set for their Valentine's Concert.
Renowned soloist Sown Le Choi will be playing Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 with the orchestra.
Also being performed is an original composition, Anniversary Overture by Roger Treece.
Finally, the concert will feature Beethoven's Symphony No. 4.
The performance is on Feb. 10 at 7:30 p.m. at Highline Performing Arts Center, 401 S. 152nd St. in Burien.
Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for students and seniors (ages 60+), and tickets are $12 when bought in groups of ten or more. Tickets are available at 206-242-6321.
• Crazy in Love - Bringing Romance Back to Valentine's Day is a seminar being held by South Sound Counseling and Consultation.
This seminar is designed to help you and your significant other learn how to feel loved all year around.
This date night seminar will also include games, food, and prizes.
It will be on Feb. 10 from 6 p.m.- 8:30 p.m. at 31919 1st Ave. S. in Federal Way. Tickets are $149. For more information, go to eventbrite.com.
• Artsy Fartsy Art Lessons is hosting Couples Sugar Skull Paint Night for Valentine's Day.
This date night will include a lesson, supplies for your heart-themed sugar skulls, and tasty Cuban cuisines.
The event is 21+ only, and will be at 218 W. Meeker St., Kent. There is limited space. You can get tickets now at 253-236-5005.
• The Federal Way Community Center is hosting a Daughter's Night Out where you can treat your little girl to a night of desserts, music, and refreshments.
Flower and pictures will be available to buy as well. The two sessions will be on Feb. 11.
Session one will be from 3:30-5:30 p.m. for little girls ages 2-6.
Session two will be from 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m. for ages 6+.
Tickets are $25 per couple and $10 extra for every added girl. Pre-registration can be done at itallhappenshere.org.
• Marlene's Market Deli is hosting Gluten Free Valentine's Day, where you can learn how to cook delicious gluten-free foods that you and your loved one's can enjoy.
There will be a time for Q&A, an interactive self-assessment, and gluten-free treats and tips.
The event is free and will be on Feb. 11 at 10 a.m.- noon at 2951 S. 38th St., Federal Way.
• Cupid's Undie Run will be a mile-long fun run, with a party taking place before and afterwards. Undies are encouraged, but you can come in any attire.
The event is to raise funds for the Children's Tumor Foundation.
The run will be on Feb. 11 at 731 Westlake Ave. N., Seattle and the party starts at noon and the run officially closes at 4 p.m.
Tickets are $35, you can buy them at cupidsundierun.org.